Wednesday, February 21, 2007

New Category of Asshole

The Idle Threat Commenter.

Thanks go out to:
Out In Left Field Commenter Mr. H.

*Update* Ms CC's comment from the same post entitles her to receive distinction as well. Way to go!

Here's a prime example of taking a decent comment that appears to be thoughtful critique and turning it into an asshole post: I'm not reading your blog anymore, because I disagree with you. Folks, here's a clue, don't say it, just do it. Read or don't read, it's the currency of the blogosphere so choose to spend it somewhere else if you don't like the product. Throwing out threats to go somewhere else is like telling the oil companies: "I'm not buying any more gas." Try that for a while.

2 comments:

Vox Populi said...

I'm not coming here anymore.

I'm TOTALLY VYING FOR THE PRIZE.

Does it come with a trophy or gift certificates? Any other type of recognition other than the esteem of being an internet asshole?

LOL !!!!!!!!!!

good call. but I think there are bigger ones out there once you plumb the depths ..... i've been too busy to help but I'll try to get on it next week.

WP said...

Oh, most certainly there are bigger ones out there. This was just one of the first examples since the blog's inceptiion, of the kind of thing I'm looking for. No prizes, just recogntion. Hopefully that will be "reward" enough. I welcome nominations, and category suggestions. Not everyone will meet the standard. If the blog catches on, perhaps we might even have a poll and an Asshole of the Month award.